It is currently March 29th, 2017, 11:12 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 10:12 am 
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 10:04 am
Posts: 5
Offline

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with LUI for 2 of my char. Each time i'm log in with this 2 char, the instal button appear, and even if i click on instal, after the re loading of the UI, the instal button still here, and LUI doesn't be instal....

I don't know what to do. I tried to desinstal and re instal every things, reload in game, switch char who work, and go back on the char who doesn't work, turn on my chair, eat something, smoke a little, dancing around my computer, nothing work ...

Help me please ^^
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 10:37 am 
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2013, 8:57 am
Posts: 698
Offline

You're not the only one that's seen this, but there's no LUA errors and that means we don't have a starting point for the investigation. :(
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 12:17 pm 
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 10:04 am
Posts: 5
Offline

Ok. thanks for ur answer, i'm going to break my mouse now :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 12:04 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2013, 11:35 pm
Posts: 68
Location: México
Offline

Mule wrote:
You're not the only one that's seen this, but there's no LUA errors and that means we don't have a starting point for the investigation. :(


The problem i think is in the Profiles settings, they just don't respect ur profile config.


Image
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 12:05 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2013, 11:35 pm
Posts: 68
Location: México
Offline

Cybella wrote:
Ok. thanks for ur answer, i'm going to break my mouse now :D


My solution was to delete profiles and start again.


Image
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 12:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2013, 8:57 am
Posts: 698
Offline

Heavy wrote:
The problem i think is in the Profiles settings, they just don't respect ur profile config.

I've created a new character, copied the profile from another character, copied from yet another character, and it has never popped up the Install window again. :(
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 12:12 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 6th, 2013, 11:35 pm
Posts: 68
Location: México
Offline

Mule wrote:
Heavy wrote:
The problem i think is in the Profiles settings, they just don't respect ur profile config.

I've created a new character, copied the profile from another character, copied from yet another character, and it has never popped up the Install window again. :(


well for me my profile just don't respect the config :/, i being using LUI since Lichking hahaha maybe is for that? xD


Image
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 12:29 am 
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 5:29 am
Posts: 47
Offline

I'm having the same issues here man. lol. i got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

1. Did it stop asking for install after installing it when you deleted the profiles?
2. if it did which particular folder/s did you delete? i deleted the WTF folder for me and all my add-ons and for some reason after i install LUI and quit the game, once i log back on it will ask me to install it again on one toon only tho.


Heavy wrote:
Mule wrote:
Heavy wrote:
The problem i think is in the Profiles settings, they just don't respect ur profile config.

I've created a new character, copied the profile from another character, copied from yet another character, and it has never popped up the Install window again. :(


well for me my profile just don't respect the config :/, i being using LUI since Lichking hahaha maybe is for that? xD
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 3:46 am 
User avatar

Site Admin
Joined: May 5th, 2013, 5:34 am
Posts: 557
Offline

Problems like that are best fixed by doing a clean install:

Delete or Rename your WTF entirely.
Load the game.

I just spent the last hour trying to get this to happen to a clean install by having various addons enabled or disabled or outright not present.

I've tried to open the LUI options and ignoring the Install button, but it turns out the options cannot be opened until it's installed.

I tried to force LUI to set a different profile and then click Install, which could potentially corrupt the profile of that other character when they log on, it didn't even do that.

I tried this on all 8 characters I have in case it's something that's character specific!

I really can't reproduce any of this. If the issues is about profiles, a clean install sounds like a good last ditch effort to fix this once and for all. It also prevent any kind of data corruption that may have happened from carrying information all the way from Wrath.

Edit: Just went on my druid, installed just fine. Deleted my Rogue's profile, then logged back on my rogue and tried to set it back to the newly recreated profile by her name. The bugsack sound happened during load screen but it's practically gibberish and fixed itself when everything loaded. (But if someone still need to know, it's was about "attempt to index "Minimap", a nil value" saying Minimap shouldn't exist -at all-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 5:35 am 
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 5:29 am
Posts: 47
Offline

well i did that before. i even deleted all add-ons and renaming and i deleted the WTF folder also. but when i installed it it looks fine but as soon as i quit the game and log back in only on 1 character it ask me to install it and nothing happens once i click on it (well it loads the ui but then the install screen is still there). the only way i can get rid of that is deleting LUI in the saved variables on that characters profile. I'm debating on doing a WoW reinstall but thats gonna be a pain. lol

Siku wrote:
Problems like that are best fixed by doing a clean install:

Delete or Rename your WTF entirely.
Load the game.

I just spent the last hour trying to get this to happen to a clean install by having various addons enabled or disabled or outright not present.

I've tried to open the LUI options and ignoring the Install button, but it turns out the options cannot be opened until it's installed.

I tried to force LUI to set a different profile and then click Install, which could potentially corrupt the profile of that other character when they log on, it didn't even do that.

I tried this on all 8 characters I have in case it's something that's character specific!

I really can't reproduce any of this. If the issues is about profiles, a clean install sounds like a good last ditch effort to fix this once and for all. It also prevent any kind of data corruption that may have happened from carrying information all the way from Wrath.

Edit: Just went on my druid, installed just fine. Deleted my Rogue's profile, then logged back on my rogue and tried to set it back to the newly recreated profile by her name. The bugsack sound happened during load screen but it's practically gibberish and fixed itself when everything loaded. (But if someone still need to know, it's was about "attempt to index "Minimap", a nil value" saying Minimap shouldn't exist -at all-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 5:40 am 
User avatar

Site Admin
Joined: May 5th, 2013, 5:34 am
Posts: 557
Offline

So, its always a specific character that has this issue, the same one every time?
Can you post the name of that character?
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 6:00 am 
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 5:29 am
Posts: 47
Offline

Could be the name. It is justmisa with the circle on top of the a. Not sure how to type it using my phone. Lol

Siku wrote:
So, its always a specific character that has this issue, the same one every time?
Can you post the name of that character?
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 6:58 am 
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2013, 8:57 am
Posts: 698
Offline

Tried Justmiså (alt134) and Tempmiså (alt0229) doing:
- installed, logged out, logged in, no Install button shown
- copy profile from another character, no Install button, log out, log in, no install button.

I don't think it's the name but it's so annoying that I can't replicate it. :(
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 7:01 am 
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 5:29 am
Posts: 47
Offline

It was fine before pre-patch. It only happens when i /quit tho. Something is not saving in that profile right.

Mule wrote:
Tried Justmiså (alt134) and Tempmiså (alt0229) doing:
- installed, logged out, logged in, no Install button shown
- copy profile from another character, no Install button, log out, log in, no install button.

I don't think it's the name but it's so annoying that I can't replicate it. :(
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 7:07 am 
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2013, 8:57 am
Posts: 698
Offline

So you actually type /quit rather than logout then quit?

If you do, do you also click the "Exit Now" button?

[e] never mind, just tried both waiting for 20 seconds and clicking the button, loaded OK both times. :(
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 7:15 am 
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2013, 8:57 am
Posts: 698
Offline

Another question, when it's showing the install button, if you open the LUI options (should be able to use /lui if the micromenu isn't showing) and look in the Profiles pane, what's the Current Profile that it's using?
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 7:18 am 
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 5:29 am
Posts: 47
Offline

Cant even open /lui or even the bar on top is not there.

Mule wrote:
Another question, when it's showing the install button, if you open the LUI options (should be able to use /lui if the micromenu isn't showing) and look in the Profiles pane, what's the Current Profile that it's using?
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 7:19 am 
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2013, 8:57 am
Posts: 698
Offline

OK, after you've clicked the Install button and it's all loaded, what profile does it show then?
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 7:28 am 
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 5:29 am
Posts: 47
Offline

If i delete the LUI.LUA and LUI.lua.bak it lets me install it and the profile that shows is justmiså plus the server name. but once i exit the game again the install button shows up again and even if i click on it it goes to the loading screen and it does nothing (still there).

Mule wrote:
OK, after you've clicked the Install button and it's all loaded, what profile does it show then?
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Instal problem
PostPosted: October 17th, 2014, 8:22 am 
User avatar

Site Admin
Joined: May 5th, 2013, 5:34 am
Posts: 557
Offline

So you have to delete LUI.lua and LUI.lua.bak for it to let you install it? When you click on the Install button, do you see the a red bag around the minimap (from Bugsack) ?
There is hardly ever a reason why you should delete a specific file inside your WTF folder.
Also, deleting those files does mean that LUI loses track of it's installation status.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group