It is currently October 18th, 2017, 10:01 pm

PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 11:16 pm 

Site Admin

I haven't done a front page post in so long, I'm absolutely sorry!

To start off, I released Version 3.9.5 to both Curse and WoWInterface (Haven't forgot about those guys this time)

Take note that many of those changes have been available to Alpha release for quite some time.

Changelog:
- All World Bosses are now included in the lockout information under the clock.
- Added option to change when cooldowns go from minutes to seconds, based on submitted code of Azhtyhx.
- Add Overwatch data for Battle.Net friends information
- Added support for the missing WoD currencies in the Currency infotext.
- Fixed issues with Nameplates

Also, a lot of people are still wondering if V4 is still a thing that's happening, or convinced that it wont. I released a few videos two months ago but I realized I never made a front page post about it, so unless you checked the forums, my twitter feed or you were a Patreon Supporter, then chances are you missed them. Here they are:

V4 Update

V4 December Update

PostPosted: February 14th, 2016, 7:56 pm 

Ever since this update, I get dc'd in dungeons and crashes in certain parts of Draenor. I love this UI, is there anything I can do besides completely removing it. :(

PostPosted: February 15th, 2016, 1:46 am 

Your game crashes completely, like back to the desktop?

I don't think an addon has enough access to do that - it's sandboxed so the worst it should be able to do is generate a Lua error and maybe not work correctly.

I wouldn't even know where to start. I assume you don't get the crashes if LUI is disabled?

What parts of Draenor does it happen?

PostPosted: February 15th, 2016, 7:33 pm 

one spot for sure is just north of volmor where the boar is fighting the wolves

and yes back to the desktop tried it on 2 computers

PostPosted: February 15th, 2016, 8:06 pm 

That sounds very odd, and I still can't see how an addon can cause WoW to crash completely, but will try to check it out tonight.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2016, 1:32 am 

idk maybe i have an adddon that's not compatible with lui as i don't use all the features obviously everyone has their preferences, but for the life of me i just can't figure it out

I go to that spot and get a windows message and crashes the game in order to login I have to remove the addon

thank you by the way for your timely responses ;)

PostPosted: February 16th, 2016, 5:16 am 

Hmmm, found the boar fighting the fel wolves, and no crash for me. Not even any Lua errors.

Not sure what it could be. Do you have an "Errors" folder in your WoW install directory? Hopefully there are files in there that relate to the crash. The top part will have something like this (you can remove your User and Computer name as I've done):
Code:
==============================================================================
World of WarCraft: Retail Build (build 20253)

Exe:      D:\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
Command:  "D:\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe" -launcherlogin -console -noautolaunch64bit -launch -uid wow_enus
Time:     Jul 18, 2015  9:06:54.509 PM
User:     ...
Computer: ...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program:   D:\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
ProcessID:   61284
Exception:   ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at "0x000000013f4db069" referenced memory at "0x0000000000000150".
The memory could not be "read".

This will hopefully give us an idea of what it could be.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2016, 4:22 am 

no errors

PostPosted: April 12th, 2016, 3:28 am 

I have noticed since Blizzard's last patch, that the Guild mouse hover, and battlenet mouse hover are both displaying Guild roster only. It seems as if BattleNet roster is broken and does not currently work.

Also, MasterPlan and MasterPlan A caused me to lose all my LUI settings on every toon. They seem to require a 'Captcha' like thing to even interact with your garrison and/or shipyard table. I removed MasterPlan and so far, my LUI settings are fine.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2016, 6:32 am 

That is very odd. MasterPlan and LUI have nothing to do with each other. I run both with zero issues.

However, the captcha thing - I suspect that may be the April Fools version which required you to enter 83 (I think) in order to proceed. Make sure MasterPlan is fully up to date and that should go away.

Also, the BattleNet Friends stuff is currently broken in the release version. Siku should be pushing a new release version soon, but you can use the latest Alpha version without issues.

If you use the Curse Client, right click on LUI Core, select "Preferred Release Type", then "Alpha". Refresh the addon list and you should now have an update for LUI Core. Install it.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2016, 11:11 pm 

I tried the current v3 in the 7.0 patch on the PTR and got massive amounts of errors.

One thing I am clueless to - is v3 ending development and v4 taking over in 7.0 or legion?

Will we have a reliable LUI build for the July 19th 7.0 update? Will it be pushed to v4 in curse or will it require removal and re-adding?

Thanks for making an amazing app.